Careers and Employability
Providing professional support
- Access to our online careers platform, Career Studio, which is exclusively for HE students.
- One-to-one guidance with qualified careers advisers where you can discuss a range of topics including: career choices, career planning and progression routes.
- Employability skills workshops throughout the academic year.
- Specific careers & employability interventions, which focuses on skills for work and postgraduate education.
- UCSE Employability Award – guiding students in how to develop, relevant, additional skills for work.
Delivering exciting projects
- Public speaking – Discover the tips and tricks of effective public speaking and build your confidence.
- Elevator pitch workshops – Formulate a concise personal profile with these self-branding and networking workshops.
- Self-employment workshops – Looking to be your own boss? These workshops provide all you need to know when starting a business.
- Interview skills development – Conquer interview nerves by analysing common interview questions.
- Coaching workshops – Learn how to overcome career setbacks and develop resilience when finding and maintaining employment.
Expert and tailored guidance
- Independent, impartial advice which caters for individual needs.
- A chance to discuss your specific career pathway and goals.
- Helping you gain the confidence to approach the job market and achieve your future aspirations.
- Flexible appointment times via MS Teams and face to face.
- Specialist support for students with additional needs.
- Advice available for up to two years after graduation.
Student feedback 2023
I feel as though this has helped me gain confidence in believing in my ability and taking action on impulse thoughts and feelings that I have allowing me to become more creative.
I gained a better understanding and knowledge on how to not think when improvising and just do it. As well as helping me with my chosen career path.
Just Add Milk
The talk was great in answering any generalised questions about agents and the way in which we can gain from them and apply for them when entering the industry.
I have been able to understand the beginning logistics of producing and when looking at larger areas such as touring productions too.
Film Free Photography
A professional photo for my employment portfolio which is one of the most important parts!
Photographer was very welcoming and indeed professional.
Maintaining the highest standards
We ensure standards remain high by working with the Department for Education’s Matrix to deliver robust information, advice and guidance.