Personal Licence Holders Level 2 Award (iQualify)
The Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders is the qualification that is required by law for those wishing to apply for a Personal Licence in England and Wales. A Personal Licence enables the holder to make, or authorise staff members to make the retail sale of alcohol from premises that is licensed to sell alcohol.
Applications, information, advice and guidance
If you wish to apply for this course or have any questions please register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01702 220409. A member of South Essex College staff will then be in touch.
Available Start Dates
Applicants for this course must be over 16 and have a good command of the English language.
Candidates must provide one of the following forms of identification:
- Valid passport (any nationality)
- Signed UK photocard driving licence
- UK biometric residence permit card
- Birth certificate (BUT, if a birth certificate is presented as proof of identification, an additional form of identification such as a signed bank card, utility bill or a letter issued by a government department must also be provided).
- the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities
- the four licensing objectives
- the application process for a Personal Licence and the role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder
- the premises licence and the content and purpose of operating schedules
- the role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- unauthorised and temporary licensable activities
- rights of entry to licensed premises and police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- the specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- the strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- the protection of children from harm and the responsible retail sale of alcohol
Assessment & Feedback
Day 1: 09:30 – 16.30
To achieve this qualification you will need to gain 28/40 in a multiple choice test. This who pass the test will achieve the Highfield Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders.
- Princess Caroline House
1 High Street
For an additional £25 per person you can take the Level 2 Award in Underage Sales Prevention test.
A 20% discount is available for groups of 6 or more when delivered in your workplace.
A 10% discount is available for groups of 6 or more when delivered in one of our venues.
Dates for groups of 6 or more can be decided by you and we will do our best to accommodate your requested dates.