Art and Design Level 1 Diploma
This qualification is ideal if you have an interest in art, design, media or a related subject and wish to explore and extend this interest via a full-time, immersive learning experience.
You will develop and test your creativity within a structure that will provide a sound base of skills and knowledge, while enhancing self-confidence and revealing the potential career demands and opportunities within the sector.
- Two GCSEs at grade 2/grade E including maths or English, or an Entry 3 qualification, or equivalent
- Successful attendance at interview
- Successful attendance at transition event
In order to achieve the qualification, you must successfully pass seven units:
- Unit 1: Introduction to materials, processes and skills in art, design and media
- Unit 2: Introduction to contextual research in art, design and media
- Unit 3: Introduction to communication skills in art, design and media
- Unit 4: Solving 2D creative problems
- Unit 5: Solving 3D creative problems
- Unit 6: Solving time-based creative problems
Then a choice of one further unit at either Level 1 or Level 2:
- Unit 7 (Level 1) or Unit 8 (Level 2): Art, design and media project
This final project unit allows you to demonstrate all the learning that has taken place through completion of the other units. This unit is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction and determines the overall qualification grade.
Assessment & Feedback
- Practical assessment
- Portfolio work
- Project work
- Group discussion
FREE to UK/Home under 19s not in employment
You can progress a level 2 Study Programme in Art and Design or media subject to meeting entry criteria.