Marine Engineering (Foundation) Level 2 Diploma
With 360 miles of coast stretching around Essex and Kent, 95 marinas in Essex and new businesses such as Bradwell B and Thames Crossing, there is an increased need for Marine Engineers.
This course will provide you with the basic knowledge and skills required to become a marine engineer and the opportunity to begin an exciting new career.
Level 1 qualification or GCSEs x 2 at grade 3/D in MATHS or ENGLISH
- Introduction to the marine industry
- Business improvement techniques
- Marine engineering processes and principles
- Servicing and maintenance of marine engines and ancillary systems
- Servicing and maintenance of marine propulsion systems
Assessment & Feedback
- Practical assessment
- Portfolio work
- Controlled assessments
- Online exams
- Short answer questions
- Group discussion
FREE to UK/Home under 19s not in employment.
Progression to Level 3 apprenticeship in Maritime Engineering