Hairdressing Level 2 Diploma
The Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing is the starting point for all aspiring hairdressers. This course will enable you to achieve long-term success.
It is important for our stylists to have the strongest educational foundation and here at South Essex College we will train you in our state of art salons, using our professional product range and you will be studying industry-recognised modules and qualifications. This means you will develop and practice the skills required for progression and employment.
Please be rest assured that we will continue to make an offer based on your predicted grades or by alternative assessments for entry conditions based on your circumstances.
- GCSEs at grade three/grade D in maths and English, or
- Hairdressing Level 1 Diploma plus maths and English at level one, or equivalent
- Successful attendance at interview event
- Please be aware that you will be required to purchase salon wear, equipment kit, textbooks and consumables at enrolment
- Working in hairdressing industry
- Follow health and safety in the salon
- Client consultation for hairdressing services
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Cut women’s hair
- Colour hair and lighten hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- The art of dressing hair
- Promote products and services to clients in a salon
- Hairdressing design skills, create an image based theme
- Reception duties
- Maths and English
Assessment & Feedback
Practical, written assignments, external multi choice exam papers, portfolio of evidence
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
You will be required to purchase salon wear, equipment kit, textbooks and consumables
After successful completion of the course you will progress on to our Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing, or seek employment as an Apprentice junior in a salon, health farm, cruise ship or spa.