Hair and Media Make-up Level 2 Diploma
This course has reached capacity for 2021 start and applications are now closed.
This programme covers all the essential skills of make-up and hair for the fashion, TV & film industry.
This intensive and in-depth practical course is taught by industry-based make up artists and aims to provide you with the knowledge and skills required for a career as a professional makeup artist.
This is an up-to-date and comprehensive course covering every aspect of make up in a creative environment.
A Level 1 qualification or GCSEs x 2 at grade 3/D in MATHS or ENGLISH
Successful attendance at interview event
You will be required to purchase salon wear, equipment kit, textbooks and consumables at enrolment
Please note you will need to:
- Provide hair equipment and make up kit
- Maintain correct uniform standards
- Make a one-off payment for yearly consumables
- Keep a a working portfolio
The course will allow you to:
- Perform with a high level of skill and understanding in areas such as fashion, period make-up, face & body art and hair design on live models
- Know how to research a subject and use relevant reference material to fulfil a brief
- Acquire the professional skills and contacts to help you start your career in the media industry
The course includes:
- Educational and industry visits, activities and workshops
- Guest industry speakers.
- Attend and participate in fashion shows and projects
- Industry-related work experience
- Client care and health & safety
- Apply make up
- Create an image
- Art of photographic hair and beauty
- Art of dressing hair
- Face and body art
- Temporary hair colour
- Mendi design
- Plaiting and twisting
Assessment & Feedback
- Practical observations
- Online exams
- Portfolio-based assignments
FREE to UK/Home Students under 19 and not in employment
- Progress on to Level 3 Theatrical Make up covering SPFX, prosthetics and wig work
- Employment in the make up industry