Art and Design Level 4 Foundation Diploma
Level 4 course (Available to UK students)
This is a dynamic, intensive and creative course that covers a wide range of specialist areas and helps you prepare a portfolio to assist with entry to a higher education course in an art and design subject. The qualification has been designed to encourage exploration, experimentation and risk taking, which will extend the learners’ critical independence and enable them to demonstrate a full understanding of the relevant standards required to achieve progression to higher education.
*Level 3 and 4 options are available to international students. Please visit the International page for information on how to apply.
- One A-level or Art and Design Level 3 Extended Diploma plus three GCSEs at grade 4/C including maths and English and an art-related subject, or equivalent
- You will be asked to provide evidence of your ability in the subject which could be in the form of a portfolio
- Successful attendance at interview event
- Graphic design and illustration
- Fashion and textiles
- Fine art and sculpture
- Printmaking and visual communication
- Multi-media and photography
- Maths and English
Within these specialist areas you will also be able to develop skills in:
- Ideas development, creative risk taking and problem solving
- Contextual awareness and critique
- Drawing, painting and illustration
- Photography, digital design and media
- Textiles, garment construction and fashion communication
- 3D application, sculpture and installation
Assessment & Feedback
Your work will be assessed through a mixture of practical tasks and supporting written material. Your progress will be supported by regular, ongoing feedback throughout the course.
School leavers - FREE to UK under 19s not in employment
Adult - Course fee based on 2021-22 for UK residents. Non-UK citizens will need to provide sufficient document/s confirming your right to live and study in the UK e.g. confirmation of settled status.
Higher education at university or college, including our degrees in Costume Construction, Fashion Design, Fashion Communication, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Interior Design or Photography at University Centre Southend & Thurrock