University Square is the University of Essex's purpose-built student accommodation, which is very close to the Southend campuses of both the University of Essex and South Essex College.
University Square offers 561 student rooms including 64 studio rooms. All rooms are en-suite and there are generally eight to ten students sharing a flat with full kitchen and diner facilities. Each study bedroom is networked and 24-hour high-speed internet access is provided at no extra cost.
All residents can enjoy the common room, study and relaxation space with wide screen televisions and WiFi internet access, plus launderette facilities. A dedicated accommodation team is based at University Square offering a 24-hour reception and security presence, a regular cleaning service in communal areas and an out-of-hours residents’ support team of fully-trained student volunteers.
All South Essex College students aged over 18 on a full-time or part-time course can apply.
Full payments for up to one year are due before first check-in.
Academic Year, 2019/20
|En-suite study room||£148.05 per week|
|Studio room||£182.63 per week|
|Single en-suite room 2 or 3 year deal in University Square||£148.05|
Great reasons to stay at University Square
- All bills, communal cleaning and internet included
- Live with your friends
- Just two minutes to lectures
- Convenient location just off Southend High Street for supermarket, shops and bars
- Rush Fitness on site*
- Student Residence Life team creating a community environment for living and learning
- Safe and secure with 24 hour staff presence
- Modern facilities on site with common room
- Friendly staff to help settle you in
To apply please complete the application forms below:
- Application for accommodation 2019-20 (new students).
- Application for accommodation 2019-20 (returning students).