Higher Education Enrolment

HE Enrolment and Induction 2020/21

Welcome to the South Essex College HE Enrolment and Induction page. Any announcements or updates will appear on here first so please check in from time to time.

Your first few weeks at South Essex College are very important. Enrolment and induction is where you will meet the course team and find out more about your course.

Details of the 2020/21 Enrolment and Induction schedules will appear here first so we recommend that new students keep an eye on this page.

For all undergraduate programmes: 2020/21 classes start from week commencing Monday 28 September 2020. Enrolment and Induction for these programmes will take place in the week commencing 21 September 2020 on the 3rd Floor, The Forum, Elmer Square, Southend-on-Sea SS1 1NE.

HNC/HND: students starting in 2020/21 should note that the HNC/HND academic year starts earlier than undergraduates; the venue and timing for enrolment onto HNC programmes will be published on this page as soon as details are available.

Returning Students

If you are returning to your studies after an authorised period of intermission, you will be contacted by the college and invited to re-enrol onto your programme.


All new HE students are required to attend an induction. At induction you will be introduced to your Programme Handbook and advised of your weekly class schedule.

Progressing Students

If you are a current HE student who is progressing from one year to the next, you will be required to re-enrol online via the HE Results page. Please speak to your Programme Leader for further advice on how and when you can do this.

2020/21: Advice for Enrolling Students

 All new students MUST be enrolled onto their programme before they can attend any induction activities or timetabled teaching sessions.

You must be able to provide proof of ID and evidence that you meet ALL academic entry requirements for your chosen programme at enrolment. Failure to do so will delay your enrolment. Please use the following check list to help you prepare:


  • PERSONAL ID: Your Current passport, an official EU Identity Card OR UK birth certificate/residency card. Driving licences are NOT accepted as a form of identification. We cannot enrol you without one of these documents.
  • ACADEMIC CONDITIONS: Original exaction certificates, including Level 2 English Language and maths, if applicable (GCSE or Functional Skills/adult numeracy/literacy). Results slips will be accepted if you have not yet received certificates for qualifications completed in 2019/20 academic year.
  • FINANCE: All correspondence received from Student Finance England (SFE), specifically the sheet entitled ‘University or College Payment Advice’ (with barcode). If you do not currently have this document it is essential that you speak to us at enrolment about how to provide this at a later date.
  • OTHER ACADEMIC EVIDENCE: Any transcripts relating to previous higher education programmes (if you already possess a higher education qualification you will need to have contacted Student Finance England to ensure they will support you with repeat funding).
  • If you are enrolling onto a part-time Higher Education course and your employer is sponsoring you, you will need to bring a letter from your employer to confirm that they wish to be invoiced for the tuition fees, or alternatively a cheque from them for the full amount.

*Without these important documents you will not become a fully enrolled student at the College and this will affect your access to the University resources.

Important Information about Student Visas and Immigration Status

The College is required to comply with the requirements of the UK Home Office (Visas and Immigration) regulations. You will need to provide your passport, your original qualification certificates and evidence of your immigration status when you come to the College to complete your enrolment if you are:

  • A Tier 4 sponsored student
  • Studying on a short term study visa
  • A non-UK/EU or EEA national

If you are required to register with the police you must also bring your Police Registration Certificate. The College is required to retain copies of these documents.