Where can I get support with the cost of travel to and from college?

How can we help? Please type your question below, or view all top rated FAQs.

All Further Education students can apply for a College bursary for help with travel costs if they live 3 miles or more from the College. Applications are assessed based on distance from home to College as well as household income.

Local councils also offer travel funding to students aged 16-18 that fit their criteria. Applications start from April and each council will have their own closing date to ensure any awards can start promptly in September.

If you are a full time student and you use the c2c train service to get to College, you can save up to a third off full time travel through a c2c Student Smartcard.

Greater Anglia also offer full time students a discount and you can receive up to 50% off on a season ticket on the Southend Victoria train line.