When and how do I apply for the Advanced Learner Loan?

How can we help? Please type your question below, or view all top rated FAQs.

You can only apply for your Advanced Learner Loan once you have enrolled as a student. This in accordance with the application process as set out by the government. Enrolment will take place on your first day at College. At enrolment you will receive a 'Learning and Funding Information Letter'. You can apply for your loan with this letter which will have your unique student enrolment number. Someone from our funding team will be present at enrolment to help you every step of the way.

Please note that your loan needs to be approved before you are eligible to apply for funding support from the College (childcare and travel).

More information on the application process is available on the gov.uk website.

See also...