Childcare, which course is best for me?

How can we help? Please type your question below, or view all top rated FAQs.

School leavers : If you are straight out of school and you would like to study Childcare then our Early Years courses would be the perfect route to take. From Entry Level Caring for Children Certificate up to Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator) Level 3 Diploma.

After achieving a Level 3 Childcare and Education you will be able to begin working within the childcare sector. If you wish to progress onto our Level 5 Leadership in Young People’s Workforce then you must already be in employment as this is a work based location course. A work based location means you will be learning alongside your job, allowing you to gain practical experience as well as advanced leadership skills within the Childcare industry.

Alternatively you could study Childcare at a number of Universities. Depending on how far you wish to progress within the Childcare industry may require you to have a degree. Always check a cross section of Universities entry requirements to make sure you achieve the correct qualifications at college.

Adult Learners : All of our adult Childcare courses are work place location courses. This means you will need to be working within the Childcare industry to take the course. These part time courses will require you to attend college for one day a week. We have Children and young People’s Workforce Level 2 Certificate, Children and young People’s Workforce Level 3 Diploma and Leadership in Children and Young People’s Workforce Level 5 Diploma.

Top Tips : Make sure you try some volunteer work before committing to a course. It is always good to have an outlook on what a nursery environment is like. 

See also...