Can my local authority help with travel costs?

How can we help? Please type your question below, or view all top rated FAQs.

Yes, if you are under 19 years old and South Essex College is the nearest provider of your chosen course and if you live more than three miles from the College campus, your local authority can tell you if you are eligible for help with travel.

Contact your local authority (details below) for information on their Discretionary Post 16 Transport Schemes.

Essex County Council
0345 603 2200

Southend Borough Council
01702 215 000
Post-16 Discretionary Transport Assistance Request