Can I apply to university/UCAS online?

How can we help? Please type your question below, or view all top rated FAQs.

Yes, you can. For part time courses, you will need to apply directly to us. Full time courses must be applied for through UCAS. UCAS accept online applications. Please follow these instructions:

  1. visit
  2. click 'Register' on the top right corner of the screen
  3. click 'Register and apply for 2018 entry'
  4. click 'Register'
  5. click 'next' tick box and then click 'next' again
  6. enter personal details when prompted, set up passwords and answer security questions
  7. make a note of your password/username
  8. click 'log in now'
  9. click 'apply through my school/college' if you are a current student, or have left within the last 2 years, and then enter the buzzword thurrock (all lower case). If you are not a current student, or left more than 2 years ago (before June 2015), click 'Independent applicant' and go to step 12.
  10. confirm college address – Luker Road, Southend (even if you study in Basildon or Thurrock)
  11. select your current course from the drop down list and select the correct campus – B, S or T
  12. make a note of your personal ID number
  13. click 'personal details' on the left and complete all fields marked with an * (fee code is 02 if applying for student finance, 05 if it’s a NHS funded course)
  14. click 'education' add all (not including Primary) of the schools/colleges you have attended to date, add all of your qualifications including your current course

If you need any further help about applying online, contact a Careers Coach by calling 0845 5212345 or email Full details of our Higher Education courses can be found using our coursefinder