Drop in enrolment sessions are still taking place at our Southend, Basildon and Thurrock campuses. Also attend one of our Swap Don’t Drop events if you’re worried you’ve chosen the wrong course and want to change, we have plenty of education options for you here at South Essex College.
Swap Don’t Drop
Worried you’ve made the wrong choice of course, wrong choice of college or sixth form? Don’t panic! We’re here to help. Visit one of our Swap Don’t Drop events where staff will be on hand to help you make an informed decision about your future!
Swap don’t drop dates
- Mon 24 Sep, 12pm-2pm, Southend Campus
- Tue 25 Sep, 12pm-2pm, Thurrock Campus
- Wed 26 Sep, 9am-11am, Stephenson Road (Engineering and Construction courses only)
- Thu 27 Sep, 12pm-2pm, Basildon
- Tue 2 Oct, 12pm-2pm, Basildon Campus
- Wed 3 Oct, 12pm-2pm , Southend Campus
- Thu 4 Oct, 12pm-2pm, Thurrock Campus
- Fri 5 Oct, 11am-1pm, Stephenson Road (Engineering and Construction courses only)
Need more advice? Call our Swap don’t drop hotline on 0845 52 12345*
Speak to one of our Course Advisers, they will be able to provide you with advice and guidance about swapping courses or starting afresh at South Essex College.
*calls cost up to 7 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.
Drop in and enrol
Monday to Friday
9am to 3pm
Basildon (Nethermayne), Southend (Luker Road) and Thurrock (Grays High Street)
Please bring the following items with you (new students only):
- Evidence of all your exam results
IMPORTANT: If you are aged 16-18, you must bring all your GCSE results.
- One item from this list:
- Valid UK/EU Passport or
- Birth Certificate or
- Valid British Driving Licence (only if you were born in the UK OR EU) or
- EU ID card or
- Non EU Passport showing a valid visa
- If you are aged 16-18 you do not pay any tuition fees, although some courses offered by the College may require you to purchase equipment, material or uniform for use within and outside of the college.
If you are aged 19;
If you pay your course fees in full at enrolment you will receive a 10% discount. You will be able to make monthly payments over the duration of your course. If you wish to take advantage of this option you will need to pay the first 10% at enrolment and sign a declaration form which will be passed on to a company called FlexEd. FlexEd will contact you and arrange monthly payments. They will charge and administration fee of £6 per month and this fee is payable in full in advance.
Applying for a level 3+ student loan?
You will need to bring evidence of your loan application or confirmation of your loan from Student Finance England. If you would like to apply for your loan during enrolment, please bring your passport with you.
Eligible to claim a reduced fee?
You must provide evidence of income or benefits received. Evidence must be valid for the date you enrol with us (fee remission is not guaranteed in all cases).
Employer is paying your course fee?
You must provide a sponsorship letter confirming this from your employer at the time of enrolling.
call 0845 52 12345 and speak to one of our advisers.
Any further questions about enrolment, please
Top 10 enrolment tips
- Already applied? You will be sent a letter in the post inviting you to an enrolment session at South Essex College. Enrolment begins on 23rd August. Can’t attend? Let us know by emailing [email protected].
- Don’t forget! Bring along all previous exam results and one of the following items; a valid UK/EU Passport or Driving Licence, your birth certificate, an EU ID card, or a Non EU Passport showing a valid visa.
- Are you having second thoughts about your chosen course? Not a problem. You can discuss your course options with a Course Adviser and enrol on another course, subject to availability.
- Not had a letter or interview yet? Don’t worry, just drop in during our main enrolment period and you can have an interview with the team and enrol all at the same time.
- When you start at South Essex College, you could save money on your journey by traveling with c2c. Sign up for a Student Smartcard and Save 1/3 when you buy a Weekly, Term-time, Monthly or Annual Season ticket on your c2c Smartcard.
- Worried about attending college? Rest assured at enrolment there will be friendly, experienced staff to support and guide you with Travel, Funding, Careers Advice, Course Advice, Pastoral Support, Fees, Safeguarding and Additional Learning Support needs.
- Some courses require you to wear a uniform to College, for example, Hospitality and Catering. You’ll be able to order these when you attend your enrolment session. As for the rest of you – no more school uniform just comfortable and casual.
- Don't forget to read the monthly Student Bulletin to find out what's going on at South Essex College! Delivered straight to your email inbox.
- Worried your grades are too low? Did you ace your exams and could be set for higher grades? Either way, don’t fret. We will change your level of study when we see your results. You will still have a place at the College.
- Do you have friends who haven’t got a place at college yet? Tell them to come in too. There won’t be places available on all our courses, but we will do our best to get them a spot. There may even be space in your class!
Courses still available
We still have places available on many of our courses. Come to one of our enrolment sessions, talk to our course advisers and secure your place on a course for September. Course Advisers can talk to you about your course options and career pathways. Email [email protected] for more advice.