Level 2 (unit achievement)
Follow Health and Safety Practice in the Salon Level 2 Unit Achievement
Increase your understanding of health and safety and its importance in the salon in which you work. On completion of this unit, you will be able to maintain health, safety and security practices and follow emergency procedures.
Start date: to be confirmed. Duration: three weeks (if stand-alone) two days deliver, one exam and self-directed study. Add two weeks if undertaken with another unit.
Venue details: please note this course will be held at our Queens Road venue in Southend.
- To be undertaken with one of the beauty course units
- A desire to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Conduct yourself in the workplace to meet with health and safety practices and salon policy
- Deal with hazards within your own area of responsibility following salon policy
- Maintain a level of personal presentation, hygiene and conduct to meet with legal and salon requirements
- Follow salon policy for security
- Make sure tools, equipment, materials, and work areas meet hygiene requirements
- Use required personal protective equipment
- Position yourself and the client safely
- Handle, use, and store products, materials, tools, and equipment safely to meet with manufacturer's instructions
- Dispose of all types of salon waste safely and to meet with legal and salon requirements
- Follow emergency procedures
- Follow accident reporting procedures which meet with salon policy
- Locate fire-fighting equipment
Assessment & Feedback
- One external question paper
- Case studies
- Reflective accounts
- Oral/written questioning
- Other forms of evidence
- A minimum of three observations
£65 (if undertaken with another unit from the accredited Beauty Academy Courses).
Once you have completed this qualification, you can gain further accreditation by attending additional units of the beauty academy training programme. There are also full time beauty-related courses and part-time beauty taster events, please visit the College website for further details.