Fabrication and Welding Techniques & Skills Level 3 Certificate
This qualification is designed for those who are currently working in the engineering sector and wish to upskill and broaden your skills or for students who wish to progress into employment or further study in the sector.
The qualification structures have been developed with the typical student in mind, to ensure the units contained within them are relevant and facilitate progression, whether that is onto higher levels of learning, employment or specialist fabrication and welding procedures. The qualifications have been developed in conjunction with academia and industry experts and informed by the work of professional bodies in the fabrication and welding field.
This qualification allows you to:
- Develop a higher skill level in fabrication and welding
- Underpin these skills with an understanding of up-to-date knowledge and skills
- Continue your development by covering critical welding techniques or by seeking to achieve approval under European Standards
- Grade 4/C in GCSE Maths or a Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
- Successful interview with course tutor at enrolment
You will complete five units including:
- Health and Safety in a fabrication and welding environment
- Materials, Science and calculations for fabrication and welding practice
- Vertical welding (tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding)
- Vertical welding (metal inert gas (MIG) welding)
- Fabrication processes
Assessment & Feedback
- Practical, online multiple-choice assessments which are set and assessed externally
- Internally assessed workbooks
This fully-funded course is available to any adult aged 24 and over who wants to achieve their first full level 3 qualification, which is equivalent to an advanced technical certificate or diploma, or two full A levels.
19 to 23 year olds will continue to be eligible for their first full level 3 via the adult education budget, and for any additional qualifications made available through this offer.
You can progress to employment in the welding industry using your newly developed fabrication and welding skills.