Are you an industry specialist looking for a career change?
We now offer an exciting, enhanced programme to recruit industry professionals into teaching.
We are looking for enthusiastic, talented industry specialists who can motivate and inspire our students across a range of subjects including construction trades (all trades), engineering, maths, English, art & design, business and digital technologies.
If you have the ability to relate well to students aged 16+, adult students and learners with differing abilities, you are well on the way to a successful career in further education.
You will also need excellent organisational skills and an abundance of enthusiasm and patience.
What can we offer?
- Employment either on a full time or part time basis (0.5FTE -18 hours a week or more)
- Competitive salary (experienced, qualified teachers earn circa £35k)
- Flexible pension scheme
- A full induction, training and support programme to enable you to develop your teaching skills. This includes job shadowing and a reduced timetable
- Fully-funded teaching qualification (Level 5 DTLLS)
- Minimum of three years in a trade or industry
- Relevant and up-to-date experience of a trade or industry (including art & design, digital, accounting) gained within the last 18 months
- If maths & English you will need a level 3 (A-level) in maths or English
- No prior experience of formal teaching
Just send your CV and a brief statement detailing why you are interested in a teaching career to: Human Resources Department at Jobs@southessex.ac.uk.