Equality and Diversity
South Essex College’s commitment to Equality and Diversity is reflected in our core values of Aspiration, Access and Achievement.
We make sure that everything we do helps:
- Empower all students and staff to utilise the full range of resources and opportunities available to them
- Make learning more inclusive, and to ensure that learners of all ages and backgrounds are able to realise their potential
- Raise awareness of what different communities bring to the College
- Provide an environment that is conducive to the personal and professional development of each individual
- Remove the barriers that can prevent members of particular groups from achieving their full potential, be it as a learner or a member of staff at the College
- Ensure a zero tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
You can find out more about our commitment to equality and diversity in our Equality and Diversity Policy and our Equality and Diversity Report 2012.
You may also want to read:
Over the last three years South Essex College has undergone some major changes.